If you have any skin concerns or skin conditions, it’s important to see a dermatologist. Dermatologists are skin specialists who can help diagnose and treat a host of conditions, from acne to rashes. In this article, we’re going to look at the top 8 reasons why you should see a dermatologist for your skin care needs.
What is dermatology?
Dermatology is the medical specialty that deals with the skin, nails, hair, and its diseases. Dermatologists diagnose and treat various disorders of these structures. One unique thing about dermatology is that it’s “all over the body”. Dermatologists are trained in general medicine, surgery, pathology, immunology, microbiology, psychiatry and dermatopathology. You can contact a Dermatologist in KL to get a best Aesthetic Clinic.
Top 5 things you should know about dermatology
1. Acne is a hormonal condition, not a disease caused by bacteria.
2. A dermatologist can diagnose and treat a common skin disorder with a simple office visit or phone call.
3. Dermatologists perform surgery on select patients to remove excess tissue from the surface of the skin.
4. Allergic reactions to topical medications usually start as redness and pain at the site of application.
5. Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition that leads to scaling on the skin, causing inflammation and causing itchy, painful patches that can vary in size from an apple seed to a banana peel.
When to see a dermatologist
Not everyone needs to see a dermatologist, but if you have any of the following symptoms it is recommended that you do. These include any type of rash, your skin changing color, any unusual bumps, or changes in skin texture. It is also recommended that anyone who has had an organ transplant or has skin cancer visit a dermatologist regularly.
Types of dermatologists
The type of dermatologist that you will see depends on what your condition is. There are general dermatologists, pediatric dermatologists, surgical dermatologists, and many more. If you’re currently dealing with a skin condition, make sure to visit the right type of doctor.
From this blog, we’ve learned that there are many benefits to dermatology. It helps heal the skin, prevent the onset of acne, and can even reduce hair loss.